Saturday, February 6, 2010

Guitar Repairs/Mods

Hi viewers/readers. I really need to share this. With the rise of youths taking up musical instruments (guitars being the most lost), guitar shops that offer repair take advantage of these youths. For example, I sent my digitech digidelay to Guitar77 and asked them if they could fix my switch problem. I left it with them and after about a week they told me they could not fix it. From past experiences with repairs from G77, if it really had to be repaired it would cost $60 - $70. When I passed the pedal to my father, he rectified the problem in 5 minutes.

One more example:
http://theguitarjunkie.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/2595036-installing-pickups-into-a-hollow-bodied-guitar

But then again, you can't put the blame on these shops because business is business and non-profit deals are just out of the question rationally thinking.