Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How long?

How long will it take me to realize that I am inadequate , weak and selfish?
How long will it take me to realize that I am out of control?
How many times do I have to break your heart before I stop?
How long more do I need to wander aimlessly?

I am sorry Lord for what I've done and what I've been.
Forgive me for I know not what I do.
Take me back to where I belong.
I love you , my Father in heaven.

[ Romans 5:8 ]
8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

They thought this was all stupid.
They laughed and mocked at him.
They spat at him. They disrespected him.
They hated him and his followers.
But this , was what was mentioned.
That many would persecute with no reason,
That many would hate him.
Many would make nasty remarks.
Yet he died for the unworthy.
He loved those who hated him up to today.
His love was unconditional.
He is Jesus.

Forgive them lord, for they know not what they do.
You would never understand if you never tried to.

[ John 15: 18 - 20 ]
“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours.