Sunday, July 26, 2009

What's life worth living for?

From today onwards,
Instead of whining and complaining,
I'll not just let things be but actually go about resolving the issue and trying to do
whats necessary instead of just giving up.
I wanna do great things for the kingdom.
I shall stop talking and actually start doing.
I need to get my fundamentals right.
I need to "wake up".

QT: Acts 28 , Romans 1 - Romans 2.

Acts 28
26
" 'Go to this people and say,
"You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving."
27For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.'

Romans 1:17
17For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,c]">[c] just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

Romans 2:1-4
1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

God spoke to me in these verses above. Obedience is not hearing but actually doing it. Hearing and executing co-exist. One cannot do without the other. I realised I have been claiming so much of what I want to do, but I do not do. I want to try my best, no matter how hard it seems, how difficult situations bring me down to my deepest recessions, how much tears I have to shed. I want to do something for the Kingdom.

Lord, direct me to where you want me to go. Guide me in every single area, point out my mistakes and mould me into a man after your heart so that I can do your will to the best I can, optimizing every opportunity given at hand.