Monday, July 27, 2009

Who and what do we live for?

Just to share a thought, Striving to pursue education as a future investment is necessary but it should not be our main focus. God will never shortchange us. Honour him, put him first, before studies or anything , and he will honour us too. We reap what we sow. Do not let education be our master for no man can serve two masters. This is very fundamental but often neglected. Don't let any factor other than God control and manipulate us for these are the factors that bring us far away from God and distort our perception of everything. He will make things work out for us even in the most desperate times when things seem impossible - testimonies.

QT:
Romans 6 - Romans 8.

[Romans 7: 15 - 20]
15
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.c]">[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

[Romans 8: 5 - 8 ]
5Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6The mind of sinful mane]">[e] is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7the sinful mindf]">[f] is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.


[Romans 8: 37 - 39]
37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,m]">[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


The Lord spoke to me in these specific verses. Basically God is trying to say that our spirit is willing but our body is weak. We must NOT let sin be our Master. Set our eyes on God instead of such sins. We are bound to sin but we can make decisions backed up by strength and conviction from the Lord to break free from sin. Additionally, God spoke of the fact that "NOTHING can separate us from Him". When we actually keep that in mind, we would not be easily disjoint from God but instead be even stronger in our walk with God.