Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hardships are worth it.

QT:
2 Corinthians 10 - 2 Corinthians 12

[2 Corinthians 12: 9 - 10]
9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

God spoke to me about this area of hardships and tough times. It is so true that , in tough times, it is so easy for us to call on God more. And when we are doing well, God isn't much evident in our lives as compared to tough times. We need to realise the fact that, God isn't someone you can just make use of whenever you felt like based on your feelings. God is God; He is to be feared and is sovereign. We owe all we are today to God. In troubled times, try not to look at the problem, look deeper instead. Think : "What does God want me to learn from this incident or problem?" In all situations, seek God's advice and find out what are things that God wants to bring across to us so that in this way, we are able to learn and mature from setbacks.

As cliche as it sounds - Problems are there for a reason.